What did you just ask me??
Friday, November 21, 2008
My son is 3. So the questions that come out of his mouth at such a young age throw me off A LOT. I've been asked the "where do babies come from" question SEVERAL times, and so far my only answer to how they get in the belly is "magic". HE'S THREE!
So today when we were driving to my friend's for a playdate he threw me off once again. It started w/ a question he's asked before, "who's Grammy's mommy?" and I went down the list of how his Nanna is Grammy's mommy, and Nanna is also my grandma, etc. I know that can sound confusing so it doesn't bother me to repeat it. However THIS next question is a biggie. "Why doesn't Nanna have a man living with her?" OH BOY. I know my grandma (Nanna) has talked to Gavin about my grandpa, who is deceased...but it never clicked. So there's really no way i can answer this w/ "magic" again! I said, "he doesn't live with her anymore...he lives in Heaven." No answer that is one sentence is good enough anymore. "Where's Heaven?" he says. "It's high in the sky.", I reply.
"Where in the sky? Can I see it?", he says.
"No you can't see it, it's HIGH up there...in the clouds. You can only see it if you live there." give me a break, I admit I was not expecting this from a 3 year old!
"He lives with Kevin in the sky?"
How could I NOT laugh at this??? So we went in circles a bit about how I said Heaven, not Kevin and he lives with angels, blah blah blah.
Then he asks, "is there a Kevin that lives in Heaven?"
Kids. You gotta love it...even if you have no idea how to answer the questions. But my son is only 3! 

Is he lookin for Kevin up there? LOL!



November 21, 2008 at 5:00 PM
i guess i should've added the fact that I'm not quite sure my son knows that people can die yet. I have not had to tell him, and quite frankly, think he's a little young to know. He knows bugs die, but not people.
November 22, 2008 at 1:47 PM
When are you going to have your next child?
Kids say and ask whatever is on their minds. Gotta love them for that. Sounds like you are doing your best, as any parent does.
Hugs to you and yours... SwtnPetite
November 22, 2008 at 9:29 PM
LOL! First of all..he's super cute! And second..he's gonna be super smart if he's already asking all these great questions! ;-)
November 22, 2008 at 10:31 PM
the way the economy is, i don't think i can afford another child now...although i would love one!
Dee...thanks!! he is really smart, it's kinda scary sometimes. lol! Nice to see a new face round here!
November 23, 2008 at 5:14 PM
LOL! That is a great story. He sounds like a smarty guy. I love the "Kevin in the sky" part!
November 23, 2008 at 7:52 PM
Hey Abby! He actually asked me about Kevin in the sky again today...i can't remember the question at the moment, but it made me laugh all over again- too cute!