Random Thoughts about the American Music Awards  

Monday, November 24, 2008

Anyone watch the American Music Awards!?!? I DID! Minus maybe 40 mins...and even though i missed the very end and a little in the beginning part---i wanted to write a review! well, my version of one anyways...more like random thoughts about random parts.

Jimmy Kimmel did not impress me with his opener...the Jonas Brothers and their no sex thing is kinda old there Jim.

Christina Aguilera's performance was aaaaight. I'm not a fan of the huge amount of grunting she did during one part but overall she really does have a great voice.

NKOTB! First off, I cannot believe I watched them perform. I saw them in concert when I was like ten! They weren't even known yet, as they were an opening performance for Tiffany when I saw them. They looked like middle aged men that were singing teenager songs and kinda creeped me out. But at the same time I was kinda impressed! I wish someone could've taken a pic of my face during those few mins watching them because I'm sure it said it all. They did have some pretty good moves for men nearing their 40s too! LOL! After their performance however, I think I felt kinda dirty watching...cuz I decided to take a shower...therefore I missed some stuff- maybe an award and ten performances.

THERE WERE ALOT OF PERFORMANCES!

Coldplay is the new U2. That's about all I got from them.

Miley Cyrus...Miley. Miley. Miley. I TRY SO HARD NOT TO LIKE THIS GIRL. I do not watch her show, do not listen to her music....but the few times I've seen her perform on tv I am SO IMPRESSED! That girl works the stage and really gives a show...she earned her money last night.

Which I wish I could say for good old Mariah Carey. I cannot get past the DIVANESS that oozes out of every single pore that woman has. She really does look like she thinks we should be blessed to be in her presence...She has some good vocals, don't get me wrong...but she's just too into herself...I don't know about her.

The Frey. Can someone fill me in on some of those words they sang? Very whiney. Not a big fan...maybe I would be if i could understand the words.

This is where I may lose a few readers. The Jonas Brothers. I'm ducking for cover because I'm gonna say that I JUST DON'T GET IT. They are the cutest young men ever...but vocally? NOPE. I can't stand it...I wanted to like them. They performed ok, but I think looking at them is just where it's at for me. And I mean that in the most sincerely none creepy older woman way possible.

Annie Lennox rocks. Her performance was so amazing. I'm not sure the song made a lick of sense to me, but the words were really deep. She is so cool. Like, woman of the earth cool.

ok who am I missing? I know these aren't in order too by the way...i told you this is random!

Beyonce. What is up w/ the bathingsuits or underwear look? We know you are kickin it with that gorgeous body...is this Sasha Fierce's doing? lol!

Natasha Beddingfield. Don't remember much except that she looked too dressy for such a casual show that she gave...not too memorable. Not bad though either.

Alicia Keys I did not see he sing- i must've been in the shower- DAMMIT. But she is just amazing, and amazingly beautiful. I had her "No One" as a ringtone for almost a year, that song did need to win some awards. GO ALICIA.

I missed Leona Lewis, Ne-yo, Sarah M, Taylor and Kanye...sorry peeps.

I saw Pink, she was good! I loved the stage set she had too.

They had such a crazy mix of singers last night it was actually kinda funny. To put the Pussycat Dolls out there was ok w/ me only because I needed something after the Jo Bros...and all they are to me are updated burlesque but it works for them. That Nicole does have amazing vocals and I don't understand why she doesn't stray from the kitties. I'm guessing she just loves pole dancing THAT much. Can you believe that had poles? I can! it's so them.

The last thing i watched was Rihanna take the stage...and one look at her CATASTROPHE of an outfit and I bailed on the night. That girl has talent so WHAT THE HELLO WAS SHE THINKIN WITH THE OUTFIT?? I told my hubby is was like Mr. T threw up on a Gothic dressed pirate or something...i couldn't even watch- it was THAT bad. I'm not even going into the winners of the actual awards...but I think there were only about 5 awards given and 20 songs sang. Hey, they got ME to watch.

And THAT my friends, is my really bad...and really random review of the AMAs.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button


3 people actually commented!: to “ Random Thoughts about the American Music Awards

 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster